INNOVA /PromotINg research MaNagement at Higher EducatiOn Institutions in BoliVia and PAraguay /
The main objective of the INNOVA project is to improve the research management of Higher Education Institutions in Bolivia and Paraguay, with a specific focus on Climate Change. It is considered that the current situation calls urgently for effective formulation of legal and policy frameworks to articulate R&D actions at HE systemic level.
To achieve this main goal, INNOVA project intends to implement two specific objectives:
- Firstly, development and consolidation of Research & Innovation policies in Bolivia and Paraguay, with a specific focus on Climate Change, to meet international standards.
- Secondly, setting-up of an innovative Forward-Looking Platform to orientate coordinated and sustainable policymaking in the field of research management in Bolivia and Paraguay, drawing upon foresight methods.
- Comparative study on research practices and policies in HE and Climate Change;
- Training programme to transfer skills, knowledge, and capacities for R&D+i management,
- Creating a network to promote the start-up of a shared programme between regions on R&D+i management;
- Modernization, updating and endowment of Research units to consolidate their role in the HEI’s,
- Multiplying effect and creating sustainability from the visual identity of the project.
- Systemic impact: Inclusion of INNOVA policy recommendations within the legal frameworks for R&D&I in Bolivia and Paraguay;
- Provision of improved R&D support services for researchers in higher education;
- Promotion of multidisciplinary research on Climate Change issues at HE level, with special emphasis on Bolivia and Paraguay.
- Enhancing research partnership and academic collaboration between partner universities.
European Union, Erasmus + KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices, Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education
36 months, November 2020 – October 2023