Fostering Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Ecotourism to support sustainable development in Vietnam and the Philippines
Duration: 01/05/2023 to 30/04/2026
Granting authority: European Education and Culture Executive Agency
Coordinator: TRUONG DAI HOC NHA TRANG
The project is fully aligned with the priorities of the Erasmus CBHE programme to improve the quality of higher education and enhance its relevance for the labour market, improving the level of competences, skills and employability potential of HEI students and stimulating the cooperation between institutions and the exchange of good practices. The initiative is also aligned with both countries’ priorities to improve the employability and entrepreneurship potential of their graduates and boost the Tourism sector (in particular through the fostering of more sustainable Tourism initiatives) which has been highly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
Thus, ECOViP specifically aims to:
- Promote the development of innovative interdisciplinary entrepreneurial Ecotourism projects by HEI students, in cooperation with the business sector.
- Develop a roadmap for the improvement of the education programmes in Tourism in cooperation with the business sector, to increase the employability of graduates.
The consortium will achieve this through a series of well-designed and impactful actions that will contribute to:
- The development of the students Ecotourism projects, through the ECOViP competition & Bootcamp, during which time they will receive training, tutoring and mentoring from HEI & business sector staff.
- A “roadmap for Tourism Curriculum Reform in Vietnam and the Philippines” in which partners will detail how the selected Tourism curriculum can be modified to meet the labour market needs and provide students with the opportunities to develop employability and entrepreneurship skills, while increasing the opportunities to learn about sustainable tourism options including Ecotourism.
- Nha Trang University, Vietnam
- Can Tho University, Vietnam
- Thai Nguyen University of Science, Vietnam
- Department of Tourism of Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
- Lyceum of the Philippines University – Batangas INC, the Philippines
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines, the Philippines
- University of San Carlos, the Philippines
- Bojo Aloguinsan Ecotourism Association, the Philippines
- University Portucalense, Portugal
- University of Alicante, Spain
- FH Joanneum, Austria